ESPN (EUROPE, MIDDLE EAST, AFRICA) LIMITED
TOURNAMENT CHALLENGE EUROPE
PROMOTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. This Promotion is operated by ESPN (Europe, Middle East, Africa) Limited, Registered in England & Wales, Registration Number 06565173, 3 Queen Caroline Street, London W6 9PE (the “Promoter”). By taking part in the Promotion, participants hereby warrant that all information submitted by them is true, accurate and complete.
2. This Promotion is open only to residents of European Economic Community – excluding Italy, Spain and Portugal, aged 18 years and over at the date of entry, who are registered members of ESPN.com and who enter on or before the closing date, excluding employees of the Promoter, ESPN Inc, The Walt Disney Company, Facebook, Twitter, their families, agents, and anyone involved in the administration of the Promotion. All featured VIPs involved in the Promotion will not be eligible to win prizes. The eligibility of any entrant is at the sole discretion of the Promoter. This Promotion is void in USA and where prohibited by law. Residents of USA who enter the Promotion will not be eligible to win a prize.
3. To take part in the Promotion, participants must register on www.espn.com, join the “ESPN America” group on the “Tournament Challenge” page and enter their bracket selections in accordance with the rules on the page. The object of the Promotion is to accumulate the most points by correctly selecting the “winning pack” for each of the 63 match-ups associated with the Tournament. Full game rules are available on http://games.espn.go.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/en/story?pageName=tcmen\howtoplay. A maximum of 10 entries per unique ESPN.com user account will be permitted.
4. The Promotion ends on 8 April 2013 at 7.00pm GMT (or upon completion of the Tournament). The closing date for entry of submissions is 21 March 2013 at 3.00pm GMT. Any submissions received after the closing date will be considered invalid.
5. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of a submission. Proof of submission will not constitute proof of entry.
6. The overall winners will be determined by random from the top 10% of eligible point scores at the end of the Tournament Challenge Promotion.
The prizes on offer are:
First Prize: ONE x 40” HD Television, PlayStation console and ESPN America Goody bag.
Second Prize: ONE x 12-month subscription to ESPN Player College Pass.
Third Prize: ONE x ESPN America goody bag.
7. Pre-Registration winners will be determined by random draw from all the valid entries.
The Pre-Tournament Prizes on offer are:
3rd February to 26th February 2013: ONE x NCAA Basketball Div I Men’s Jersey of Winner’s choice (subject to availability).
26th February to 17th March 2013: ONE x 12-month subscription to ESPN Player College Pass.
Winners will be determined in the Promoter’s sole discretion and shall be notified by telephone or email within 28 days of the closing date.
8. Registration on www.espn.com is free and there is no entry fee or purchase required to participate in the Promotion. This Promotion is strictly for entertainment purposes and may not be used in connection with any form of gambling.
The NCAA does not promote, endorse or condone gambling or sports wagering of any kind.
9. The winner must claim their prize within 28 days of notification. Failure to respond to a prize notification within this time period will result in disqualification and an alternative winner may be selected from the eligible entries received at the Promoter’s discretion. If winners are not able, for whatever reason, to accept a prize, the Promoter reserves the right in its discretion to award the prize to another participant. The Promoter will not be liable if a prize cannot be taken by a winner for any reason beyond the control of the Promoter. Before a prize is awarded, a prize winner may be required to sign a statement of eligibility and liability/publicity release. Details of the names and countries of prize winners may be requested by writing to the Promoter at the Promoter’s address set out above.
10. No alternative prize will be awarded and there are no cash alternatives to the prizes. If for any reason it is not possible to provide a stated prize, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equivalent or greater monetary value. Prizes are not transferable unless agreed in writing by the Promoter. The terms and conditions of any third party supplier may apply to prizes as indicated. The Promoter reserves the right to cease or alter a promotion without prior notice.
11. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding on all participants. Other than to arrange collection of the prizes, no correspondence will be entered into and no submissions can be returned.
13. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, NCAA Facebook or Twitter. Participants are providing information to the Promoter and not to NCAA, Facebook or Twitter.
14. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for resultant loss or damage (other than death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Promoter or their agents) as a result of taking part in the Promotion or the prize awarded.
15. The winner may be required to participate in publicity surrounding the Promotion and consents to his/her name, location and photograph being published for the purposes of the Promotion and promoting the Promoter and its business.
16. The instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions. By participating in the Promotion participants will be deemed to have read and understood these Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, change the dates of entry into the Promotion and/or the dates on which the competition will be promoted and the Promoter reserves the right to alter or withdraw the Promotion or these terms and conditions at any stage if deemed necessary in its sole opinion or if circumstances arise outside its control. In the event that the 2013 NCAA Men’s College Basketball Tournament is postponed, terminated early, or cancelled for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to award prizes based on scores at the time the season is disrupted, or to cancel or suspend the Promotion at its sole discretion.
17. These Terms and Conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales whose courts shall be the courts of exclusive jurisdiction.
|21 May - 08:30||NBA Tonight|
|21 May - 21:00||NBA Tonight|
|21 May - 21:30||Basketball Capitals - Berlin|
|21 May - 22:00||Basketball Capitals - Madrid|
|22 May - 08:30||NBA Tonight|
|22 May - 12:30||NBA Tonight|
|22 May - 13:00||Basketball Capitals - Madrid|
|22 May - 20:00||NBA Tonight|
|23 May - 08:30||NBA Tonight|
|23 May - 21:00||NBA Tonight|
|23 May - 21:30||Basketball Capitals - Madrid|
|23 May - 22:00||Basketball Capitals - Athens|
|24 May - 05:30||Basketball Capitals - Athens|
|24 May - 08:30||Basketball Capitals - Athens|
|24 May - 19:00||Basketball Capitals - Madrid|
|24 May - 19:30||Basketball Capitals - Athens|
|25 May - 08:00||NBA Tonight|
|25 May - 14:00||NBA Tonight|
|25 May - 14:30||Basketball Capitals - Madrid|
|25 May - 19:00||Basketball Capitals - Athens|
© ESPN 2013